Friday, October 17, 2008

Friday

No, no, I know what you’re thinking, I’m not making this up. It was one of those cold autumn days. What? No, we started going out before winter. Yes, I’m positive. Do you mean to tell me you don’t remember when we started dating? No it doesn’t matter, it’s not all that important when we started. Anyways let me finish my story. It was one of those cold autumn days. It had been raining for most of that week and it seemed as if the rain had washed away the hot weather and brought in this really really nice sweater weather. I remember it, you and I had just watched that one Woody Allen movie, what was the name of it…Ann something? Do you remember it? The one where they fall in love, you know they had that lobster scene. Forget about it doesn’t matter. Anyways let me finish. We had just finished watching that Woody Allen movie and we walked out of the theater and into the parking lot.The wind was blowing and I thought about putting my arm around you but I was too nervous so I just stuck my hands in my pockets as we walked. You were telling me something about the movie, some funny scene (and this is when I first noticed it): whenever you laughed you would close your eyes for what seemed like a prolonged blink, closed real tight, smiling and laughing. It was so weird finally realizing what it was that was so different about you. See you’re doing it now! Yes, yes you are, you just can’t see it since you have your eyes closed. Of course you’re not going to do it now, now you’re forcing yourself not to! Originally it was a subconscious thing but if you think about not closing eyes when you laugh you won’t close them. Well the whole point of this is that that’s when I realized that I liked you. Sure we had gone out on a few dates before that, but it's when I started picking up on the small peculiarities about you that I wouldn't really notice if we were just friends, that I realized "man she really is great" and that's when I think I began to like you. No really it's true. Fine fine believe what you want, and I'm not making this up: that really was when I first realized I liked you...stop laughing at me! Now go ahead, its your turn, tell me your story.

No comments: