Sunday, December 7, 2008

Sunday

I think I may drift away from the normal made up stories for a while. I can’t think of anything to write so I figure I’ll just post whatever I feel like. I’m not saying I wont post any of my day dreams, but for the time being I am all day dreamed out.


So last night I went to the library to study and I left at around 10 and started walking back to my dorm. It’s only about a five-minute walk and I cut across the rec fields and walked next to the tennis courts to get to the main lobby. Before I reached the front of the lobby I looked up and saw this really cute girl standing on the sidewalk in front of me. I looked down for a bit, not making anything of it, and then I glanced up again and she was looking at me-then she smiled. I was kind of in shock because strangers usually don’t smile at me, especially the cute ones.
I’ve been working on trying to smile without showing my teeth because I think I look goofy when I do so I gave her one of those straight line smiles that just looked like “hey how’s it going…” in a weird awkward way. As soon as I flashed my would be smile I just glanced down and kept walking towards the steps of my dorm. I turned to look at her as I walked up the stairs and I thought she was looking at me so I thought about giving her a wave since, in all probability, I wouldn’t see her again-but I chickened out.
I swiped my card and walked inside and was decided I would go out and wave to her, at least I wouldn’t feel like a total loser. So I walked back outside and she was walking up the sidewalk towards my dorm talking to a guy coming the opposite direction. I walked across the street to the parking garage, waited a few seconds, and went up to my dorm.

No comments: