Saturday, August 23, 2008

Saturday

It’s snowing now, the first of the winter. The snowflakes fall slowly and I can feel them on the back of my neck as I walk down the street. The street lights arch overhead and the soft lights feel like warmth in the dark sky.

A year ago today we first met.


If you squint your eyes and look pass the glow of the street lights you can see the stars. Only barely twinkling in the distant night sky.

How could I have messed it up so badly?


I close my eyes and I imagine an old musician sitting next to a building in the distance. His eyes are closed and he’s playing a song on his saxophone. He doesn’t care if anyone is listening or not. The sound floats through the air twisting and twirling as it dodges the small white flakes of falling snow until it finally reaches my ears. It feels as though the music and the street lights are all the warmth that I can feel right now, but I squint my eyes.

No comments: