Thursday, September 11, 2008

Thursday

Sometimes I imagine the summers we spent together.

God I miss them.


It never seemed to be too hot then, a cool breeze was always blowing. When we got bored of the lakes and rivers we would wake up early in the morning and drive the beach. James always drove since he had always been an early riser. I’d fall asleep in the back of the car, my head resting on whoever was sitting next to me, and I know it’s odd, but I don’t think I ever sleep better than when I’m sleeping in the car.

When we would get to the beach Henry, Francis, James and I would go out swimming while the girls laid down under the sun. We’d jump into the waves and let them knock us over. Henry and James loved swimming under water until they were right behind Francis and then jump up and dunk him under. He hated it but it never got old.
Emma always packed sandwiches for us, she knew what each of us wanted and would stay up late the night before making them. We’d always sit around and eat them for lunch, talking, and James and Francis would always end up building a huge sand castle (they really were good at it).

As it became night time, all of us would sit around the bond fire, the beach was usually deserted by then, and spend hours laughing and just talking about whatever came to our mind. Eventually it seemed as though Stephanie always got sleepy so we’d pack up and make our way back.

I would usually end up not sleeping on the way back, James driving and me in the front seat. The radio would be on just low enough so we could make out the song. Every now and then we’d say something and have a conversation, but most of the time we were quiet as we stared at the passing scenery, becoming only a blur in my mind.

No comments: