Thursday, September 25, 2008

Thursday

Dear,

I’m not sure where to start with this letter, I’ve written it in my head countless times today as I walk, and now that I sit down and actually try and put pen to paper it just doesn’t seem to come out as easily as I was expecting.

It’s been so long since I’ve last seen you. How have things been at home? It’s autumn now, officially that is. The leaves should start changing colors and pretty soon you’ll have a nice pile of leaves to jump in. The breeze should be picking up and the temperature will be dropping. Remember last autumn when you stopped combing your hair? I’m smiling just thinking about it now. You said, “What’s the point? This wind messes it up as soon as I walk outside.” Now every time I think of you and Emma during last fall I picture both of you guy’s hair rippling across your face.

It’s been strange not seeing all of you. I haven’t seen you for months now and I’m sorry I haven’t written before this, I really am. I’ve been so busy here you see. I’ve been thinking about you though. I think about you when I feel a breeze or when it’s cloudy outside just before it rains. I think about home and the lake constantly and I wish I were there now.

How have you and Emma been doing without all of us guys there? That reminds me I got a letter from James the other day. He and Henry are leaving for Nantes tomorrow; they are both having a grand time over there, but miss home already. He told me to tell you that Henry gives his kisses to Emma.

Thank you for your photo, it means the world to me and I’ve got it pinned to the wall above my desk. Would you like one of me? I’m going to go outside right now and make George take a picture of me to send to you. I’ll strike a pose for you.

Don’t forget to write, I’ll see you at Christmas break.

x


Photobucket

No comments: